Benefits of Virtual Events for Businesses
- The ability of companies to reach target groups worldwide, enabling their organizations to attract an international audience, and offering information to those who would be unable to attend an in-person event due to time or budget restrictions
- Makes supporting regional, national or international firms more cost-effective
- Decreases the cost of lead generation
- Allows companies to supplement their in-person events, thereby reaching their audience of consumers, prospects, vendors or managers where they are now congregating – on the Internet
- The ‘live’ event is typically archived for 30 days to 1 year to allow those unable to participate in the ‘live’ event to ‘attend’ the event at later date/time more accommodating to their schedule.
- Enables firms to decrease their carbon footprint and help them embrace 'green' efforts.
- Allows participation of speakers/presenters from a dispersed geographic locations without requiring travel; convenience increases potential that higher-profile speakers will be willing to participate in your events.
Virtual Events: By the Numbers
- Average Virtual Event attendee registration: 3,102
- Average Virtual Event actual attendance: 1,587 (though many have been as high as 15,000)
- Average Virtual Event show-up rate: 52%
- Average "live" length of a Virtual Event: 1.5 days
- Average leads generated by each Sponsor and/or Exhibitor at a Virtual Event: 348
- Average attendee time at a Virtual Event: 2 hours 31 minutes
- Average Virtual Event attendee event locations (booths/presentations, etc.) visited: 16
- Average Virtual Event attendee interactions with Sponsors/Exhibitors: 13
- Average resource materials downloads per Virtual Event attendee: 5
- Typical event attendee geographic location distribution: US 58% International 42%
- Average Virtual Event "on demand" archive days: 90
- Average additional leads generated during archived on-demand event: 20-30% additional
- Trade show industry data indicates average cost-per-lead at in-person shows to be as high as $148 versus Virtual Trade Shows with an average cost-per-lead as low as $20
- Traditional national trade show exhibitor average expenditure: $15,000 vs. Virtual national trade show exhibitor average expenditure: $3,000 - 8,000